MODEL CONSTITUTION OF STATE CHAPTER OF ISAR
Memorandum of association of xyz state chapter of the Indian society for assisted reproduction
- The state chapters shall be named after the name of the state e.g., Maharashtra Chapter of ISAR.
- To the extent possible the Headquarters of the Chapter shall be at the city having larger number of ISAR members than any other city in the state at the time of formation of the chapter.
- To be eligible for Membership of state chapter the applicant must be a members of ISAR
- 4. The Aims and objects of the chapter shall be----
- The Aims and objects of the society are
- To bring together Medical personnel allied scientists, organisations , philanthropists and institutions interested in various aspects of Assisted Reproduction for helping infertile couples and for developing newer and more efficient technologies for Family Welfare.
- To collect, pool and distribute to the members of the society and other interested parties information and developments in the fields of Assisted Reproduction and relevant research activities concerning Family Welfare.
- To make Assisted Reproduction easily available to needy infertile couples irrespective of caste, colour, creed and social status.
- To create public awareness and opinion in matters relating to Assisted Reproduction and Family Welfare.
- To promote at all levels of society , education in all aspects of Assisted Reproduction and relevant developments in the field of Family Welfare.
- To advise and coordinate with other organisations, and Government, corporate and other authorities on technical and clinical research aspects of Assisted Reproduction and relevant developments in the field of Family Welfare.
- To promote, sponsor and organise lectures, meetings, orations, seminars, symposia, panel discussions, workshops, training programmes, conferences etc. with the purpose of exchanging and advancing knowledge on all aspects of Assisted Reproduction including its relevant Family Welfare aspects.
- To promote, sponsor, assist, organise and carry out research in any aspect of Assisted Reproduction and Family Welfare.
- To create orations, awards, fellowships, scholarships, prizes etc., for scientists interested in any aspect of Assisted Reproduction and relevant Family Welfare.
- To promote, sponsor and publish bulletins, news letters, journals, books etc., to serve as a medium of communication and advancement of knowledge amongst the members of the society and other individuals, organisations, agencies and institutions interested in Assisted Reproduction and relevant Family Welfare.
- To receive donations in cash or kind for the various activities of the society.
- To get the chapter registered with the registrar of societies, the charity commissioner and income-tax authorities
1. ELIGIBILITY OF MEMBERSHIP
Every member of ISAR belonging to the state is eligible to apply for membership on paying Rs.250 / - as entrance fee and one time membership fees as decided by the chapter from time to time.
2. Entrance fees and Membership of the state chapter shall be decided by the members of the chapter from time to time.
A. Entrance Fee : Entrance Fee of Rs .250/- shall be paid by the members
B. Membership Fee : Members shall pay one time membership fees as decided by the chapter from time to time.
3. Privileges of members –Members are entitled to participate in all the activities like academic, social, cultural etc, of the chapter.
4. Ceasing of Membership
A member may at any time resign his membership by giving 30 days notice in writing and on paying all his dues to the Chapter. Such member is not eligible for refund or compensation by the Chapter . He is eligible for re-admission in future on payment of fresh entrance fee and membership fee prevalent at that time.
Any ISAR member who ceases to be a member of ISAR due to any reasons will automatically cease to be a member of the state chapter.
5. Thirty percent of total delegation fees of any academic activity of the Chapter shall be paid by it to ISAR within 30 days after that activity and 30% of the net profit shall be paid to ISAR within 180 days after the activity
6. General Body Meetings
- Annual General Body Meeting : Annual General Body shall ordinarily meet at least once every calendar year . A notice of 5 weeks shall be necessary for calling a General Body Meeting.
- Extra – ordinary General Body Meeting : An Extra – ordinary Meeting of the General Body may be convened under unusual circumstances after 7 days notice . This meeting shall be convened by the Secretary in consultation with the Executive Committee and no matters other than those on the agenda shall be discussed at this meeting.
- Special General Body Meeting :
- A Special Meeting of the General Body shall be convened within 3 weeks after receipt of a written requisition specifying its purpose and signed by at least 10 members or 1/3rd of the total membership whichever is less.
- A Special General Body Meeting can also be convened by giving 5 weeks notice by the Secretary in consultation with Executive Committee for carrying out special business . No matter other than the ones on the agenda shall be discussed at this meeting.
- Quorum : 10 members or 1/3rd of the total membership whichever is less shall constitute the quorum for any General Body Meeting . In absence of the quorum the meeting shall stand adjourned for half an hour. The adjourned meeting shall require no quorum.
- Resolution : Resolutions to be moved by the members at Ordinary General Body Meeting must reach the Secretary duly proposed and seconded at least 3 weeks before the meeting for the approval of the Executive Committee . If not approved by the Executive Committee they should be returned to the proposer so as to reach him at least 7 days before the meeting. The Proposer may still bring it before the General Body by sending it again to the Secretary, supported by 10 other members so as to reach him at least 3 days before the meeting.
- Business of the Annual General Body Meeting : The following shall be included in the business to be transacted at the Annual General Body Meeting unless otherwise determined at the meeting :
- To confirm the minutes of the last General Body Meeting
- To adopt the balance sheet and statement of accounts audited by the certified auditors and passed by the Executive Committee along with the auditor’s report.
- To adopt the annual report approved by the Executive Committee.
- To consider and adopt such other matters as may have been referred by the Executive Committee or the Chairperson
- To appoint scrutineers, when required.
- To elect office bearers and members of the Executive Committee when necessary at the end of their term.
- To appoint certified auditors and fix their remuneration.
- To appoint Honorary Legal Adviser, if necessary.
- Any other matter with the permission of the chair.
7. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
The Management of the Chapter shall be vested in the Executive Committee.
- Composition : The Executive Committee of the Chapter shall consists of :
- Immediate Past Chairperson
- Joint Secretary cum Treasurer
- Four Members
- One coopted member
- Eligibility : No member of less than two years standing in ISAR on the last day of filing of nominations shall be eligible for election to the Executive Committee. Joint Secretary cum Treasurer shall be from the location of the headquarters.
- Election : Executive Committee shall invite nominations from the Members for election to the posts of Chairperson, Secretary, Joint Secretary cum Treasurer and Four Members. Election shall be held by postal ballot.
- Co-option : Executive Committee may fill its interim vacancies by co-opting members.
- Removal : Non- attendance at four consecutive meetings of the Executive Committee without prior permission shall make a member liable to be removed from the Executive Committee.
- Meetings : The Executive Committee shall meet at least three times a year.
- Quorum : Five members shall constitute the quorum for a meeting of the Executive Committee.
- Duration : The 1st Executive Committee shall hold office for 3 years. Subsequent Executive Committees shall hold office for a period of two years or until such time the next Executive Committee is duly elected installed.
- Office Bearers : Chairperson, Secretary and Joint Secretary cum Treasurer shall be the office bearers of the Chapter.
- Function and powers of the Executive Committee : The Executive Committee shall direct and regulate the general affairs of the Chapter and shall , subject to the control of the General Body, have powers to frame rules and bye laws to regulate and conduct the business at meetings of the society, have powers for the maintenance and administration of the society and for direction of the publications, if any . The Executive Committee shall, in addition to the powers by these rules expressly conferred upon them, exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be done by the society and which are not hereby expressly directed or required to be exercised or done by the society. Without prejudice to the general powers conferred by the preceeding clause herein, the Executive Committee shall have the powers :
- To elect Members
- To appoint Committees and sub-Committees.
- To consider the reports of the various Committees and Sub- Committees and to submit the same to the General Body with their recommendations.
- To organise Annual Congress of the Chapter and other academic activities.
- To prepare the Annual Report.
- To present the audited accounts to the Annual General Body Meeting.
- To manage the funds of the Chapter in accordance with the General Policy laid down by the General Body
- Duties of the Office Bearers :
- The Chairperson shall preside at all the meetings of the Chapter including meetings of the General Body and of the Executive Committee. He shall conduct the proceedings of the meetings , interpret the application of laws, decide doubtful points, put resolutions and motions to vote and shall besides his ordinary vote have a casting vote in case of a tie . He shall be ex-officio member of all committees and sub committees.
- The Secretary shall perform the duties of the Chairperson when he is absent or unable to perform his duties.
- The Secretary shall be in charge of the office of the Chapter . He shall conduct all correspondence, organise, arrange and convene meetings, conferences, lectures, demonstrations, attend all meetings of the Chapter and the Executive Committee and keep proceedings thereof and be ex-officio member of all committees. He shall perform all other duties as directed by the Executive Committee or Chairperson He will report activities of the chapters to ISAR from time to time.
- Treasurer shall receive all monies and deposit them in the Bank, and make payments, maintain an account of receipts and disbursements of funds, prepare the balance sheet and statement of accounts & get them audited by certified Chartered Accountant.
- The Chairperson or his nominee shall represent the Chapter at the Executive Committee of ISAR
- Reserve Fund : Thirty percent of Membership fees and all Entrance Fees shall be set apart to constitute a Reserve Fund. No money shall be withdrawn from this fund without prior sanction of the General Body. The Executive Committee may transfer to the Reserve Fund any surplus money lying in the ordinary Fund.
- Ordinary Fund : Seventy percent of membership fees, income accruing from the Reserve Fund and receipts from other activities of the Chapter shall constitute its ordinary Fund from which the expenses of the Chapter shall be managed.
- The surplus arising from seminars, conferences and / or campaigns undertaken for raising funds to carry out the objectives of the Chapter may be earmarked by the Executive Committee for the objects described in the Memorandum.
- Raising of Funds : The Executive Committee is authorised to raise money in such manners as it may think fit.
ACCOUNTS AND AUDITING :
- Accounts : Executive Committee shall maintain accounts with any National or schedule Bank or Banks in the name of the Chapter operable by any two amongst the Chairperson, Secretary and Joint Secretary cum Treasurer . The accounting year shall be 1st April to31st March
- Auditing : The accounts of the Chapter shall be audited annually by certified Chartered Accountants.
9. PROPERTIES, RIGHT AND PRIVILEGES :
Subject to the prior approval of the General Body The Executive Committee is authorised to acquire, hold, manage, let, lease, sell or mortgage movable or immovable properties of every description and any rights and privileges whenever found necessary or desirable for the purpose of the chapter.
10. CHANGES IN THE CONSTITUTION :
Additions to, deletions from, alterations in and amendments to the Memorandum of Association & Rules Regulations of the Chapter shall be made only after a Special General body Meeting, called for the purpose as per clause 9C(b) sanctions them by a three fifth majority of the members present and voting and approved by ISAR.
11. WINDING UP OF THE CHAPTER :
In the event of dissolution of the Chapter for any reason whatsoever the surplus if any arising on disposing the assets of the Chapter and accumulated balance of the surplus, if any, will be handed over to ISAR and members of the Chapter shall not be entitled to receive anything from the said amount.
12. The word ‘he’ wherever it stands in this constitution shall represent both male and female member of the society.